U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION ANNOUNCES $85 MILLION FUNDING OPPORTUNITY FOR TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED TRANSIT BUSES
- The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Transit Administration (FTA)announced the opportunity for eligible applicants to apply for up to $85 million in competitive grant funds through FTA’s Low or No Emission (Low-No) Bus Program.
- Instructions for applying can be found on FTA’s website and in the “FIND” module of GRANTS.GOV. The funding opportunity ID is FTA-2019-002-TPM-LowNo. Complete proposals must be submitted electronically through the GRANTS.GOV “APPLY” function by May 14th, 2019.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY FUNDING FOR COMMERCIAL TRUCK, OFF-ROAD VEHICLE & GASEOUS FUELS RESEARCH
- Concept papers for the USDOE $50 million funding opportunity are due this week, Friday, March 29th. If you are interested in including Empire Clean Cities in your proposal, please contact us or call our office at 212-839-7728 for assistance.
- Full applications will be due Wednesday, May 15th. For more information and application requirements, please visit the EERE Exchange website or Grants.gov. Read the announcement here
2019 NATIONAL DIESEL EMISSIONS REDUCTION ACT (DERA) REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
- EPA’s Office of Transportation and Air Quality is soliciting applications nationwide for projects that achieve significant reductions in diesel emissions, particularly from fleets operating at or servicing goods movement facilities located in areas designated as having poor air quality.
- Application packages must be submitted electronically to EPA through Grants.gov no later than Tuesday, March 26th, 2019, at 11:59PM (ET) to be considered for funding.
- Important Dates:
- Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 at 11:59PM (ET)
- Notification of Selected Applicants: April 2019
- Funding of Awards: May-October 2019
- For more information, visit the EPA’s Clean Diesel Page.
HUNTS POINT CLEAN TRUCKS PROGRAM
- The Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program (HPCTP) is a unique and exciting environmental initiative led by the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) aiming to promote sustainable transportation and a cleaner environment in the South Bronx, New York. The Program targets truck owners serving the Hunts Point and Port Morris communities and offers attractive rebate incentives for the purchase of advanced transportation technologies and alternative fuels such as new diesel, hybrid electric, compressed natural gas, and battery electric trucks. Rebate incentives are also available for the installation of exhaust retrofit technologies.
- For more information, visit http://www.huntspointctp.com/
- Eligible Applicants:
- Funding is for the South Bronx business communities of Hunts Point and Port Morris interested in the replacement of older Class 3 to Class 8 trucks with a model year 2016 or newer truck with a 2010 U.S. EPA emission compliant or newer diesel engine or alternative fuel engine (hybrid diesel-electric, compressed natural gas or battery electric truck).
- 2017 rebate incentive caps range from $10k for a Class 3 diesel fueled replacement truck up to $30,000 for a Class 8 diesel fueled replacement truck. The 2017 rebate incentive caps range from $17k to $90k for an alternative fuel replacement truck. Scrapping of the older truck being replaced is required. Diesel exhaust retrofit technology rebate amounts are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Eligible Vendors:
- Truck Dealerships or OEMs
- Exhaust Retrofit Technology Providers
- Scrap Yards
NY TRUCK-VOUCHER INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- To promote clean air and a sustainable future for New York’s transportation system, the New York Truck Voucher Incentive Program (NYT-VIP) aims to accelerate the integration of advanced vehicle technologies in the commercial truck and bus sectors. Fleet owners, leased vehicle operators, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and vehicle technology vendors are invited to explore the NYT-VIP website to learn about the Program’s excellent incentive offerings, eligible vehicles and technologies, and important information on how to apply. All NYCAFV-VIF voucher requests must be redeemed (fully reimbursed) by December 31, 2018.
- To learn more, visit https://truck-vip.ny.gov/
- Vehicles – The program is currently accepting Vehicle Eligibility applications for All-Electric, Hybrid, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) vehicles. The full list is here.
- Vendors – There is a list of vendors that are approved to sell through the program. Fleet and Vehicle Owners must submit a Voucher Request through an Approved Vendor who are listed here.