Be part of the solution towards cleaning the air in New York City
Graduate InternJob Description:
The Graduate Intern position for Summer 2015 is a full-time hourly position that will work on a variety of projects for Empire Clean Cities. The internships lasts 10 weeks (at 40 hours per week) between June 1st and August 31st 2015 with 1 week unpaid vacation. They will have an option to work out of either the Westchester or NYC office. The Graduate Intern will work on projects that include ECCs Green Fleets program, maintaining the company’s social media presence, and assisting with other organizational activities such as company events and email blasts. The intern will also manage the organizations social media presence and expand ECC’s mission of cleaning our region’s air through online marketing. The ideal candidate will have a passion for environmental issues and an interest in alternative fuels. An upbeat, dedicated personality is a must.
Assist with Empire Green Fleets program
- Marketing and expansion of Supporter Program
- Working with Fleets to acquire the proper fleet information/data
- Running fleet data utilizing Excel
- Managing correspondence between ECC and Fleet Managers
- Follow-up with Fleets and maintaining relationships
Manage company’s social media presence and website
Manage company email blasts to ECC stakeholders
Help with ECC Marketing and Events
- Work on Newsletter & Marketing Materials
- Website Maintenance (using WordPress)
- Presence at ECC Events
- Organizing Photos
- Graphic Design
Assist with other organizational activities
- Clerical duties such as respond to general mail and phone inquiries and assist with photocopying etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team member. It is important that the candidate be confident in working through issues on their own, but understands when to ask for assistance. Diligence and enthusiasm is a must! A passion for transportation and sustainability issues, as well as an interest in alternative fuels and/or vehicles is recommended, but not required.
- Working towards Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to work some off hours (evening/weekends) for ECC Events
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Event Planning experience or interest in developing event planning skills
- Savvy in Social Media
- Excellent writing, proof-‐reading and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other software including Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to complete clerical tasks to keep organization running smoothly.
How to Apply:
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Summer 2015 Graduate Intern” in the title.
Applications accepted through April 24, 2015
Email should include why you are interested in working with Empire Clean Cities, and your interest in green initiatives. Please include relevant experience and skills, and all current contact information.
If you are interested in volunteering please reach out to our Executive Director