*Free EV Perks in Orlando*
Empire Clean Cities and Drive Electric Orlando
are partnering to offer the ultimate electric vehicle rental adventure in Orlando, FL. Drive Electric Orlando
has brought together 40+ of the biggest corporate names in the Orlando travel and tourism industry to create a seamless driving and charging experience between all major Orlando destinations. The program also provides a variety of additional perks at hotels, theme parks, and convention centers.
how to redeem
- Rent a car from a participating Orlando rental car agency. The rental car agent will briefly give a tutorial on how to operate and charge the electric vehicle and where charging stations are located, as needed.
- If you are staying at one of the hotel partners, you may be eligible for free electric car valet parking. The attendant can even plug your vehicle in to recharge the battery. Here is a full list of hotel partners that offer charging stations for guests.
- If you are on a business trip, the Orange County Convention Center has 4 charging stations at no charge to meeting attendees.
- Save money: Renting an EV costs the same as midsize gas-powered car rental but the average EV charging costs (~$3/charge) are far less than the average gas tank refill (~$60) for a midsize internal combustion vehicle.
- Reduce environmental footprint: EVs are zero-emission vehicles that support American energy independence.
- Free parking and free charging @ Hotels: Partners include the Hilton*, the Marriott World Center**, the Hyatt Regency, Renaissance, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Shingle Creek, and DoubleTree Seaworld (*offers free charging only,**offers free valet)
- Preferred parking + free charging @ Theme Parks + Convention Centers: Partners include Universal Studios, Disney Animal Kingdom, Disney Epcot, Orlando Convention Center
Find a charging station in Orlando