Clean Cities Coalition: Empire Clean Cities
Location: Lower Manhattan, NY
*Available until position is filled*
Empire Clean Cities (ECC) is looking for a talented, well-organized, enthusiastic self-starter, independent worker and team member to serve as ECC’s Program and Communications Manager. This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director to develop and execute programs and events while assisting to grow the coalition. This includes overseeing all of ECC’s programs, coordinating the membership program and its members, planning and executing events, managing additional staff, and creating marketing and outreach materials representing ECC to existing and growing stakeholder base. This is a salaried, non-exempt position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Membership: Work with ECC’s existing membership base to deliver their benefits and connect them to ECC stakeholders, programs and initiates. Facilitate efforts to retain existing membership base while growing it to increase incoming coalition funds.
- Program Management: Coordinate, support and on occasion lead development of grant proposals. All programs require deliverables and grant funding to be tracked. It is the Program and Communications Manager’s responsibility to ensure the program goals are being met and the proper invoicing is performed once work is completed. In addition, program status needs to be reported to the Executive Director bi-weekly.
- Communications: Coordinate communications through website, social media, newsletter and other channels to support members, sponsors, and the organization. Communication channels are targeted to inform and grow the organization. Additionally, it will be required to create marketing materials for events and programs. Design skills preferred.
- Events: Work with Board Members and Executive Director planning and executing events. Events are targeted for ECC Membership benefits as well as fundraising for the organization. A few responsibilities of the role include: develop events, including sponsorship structures and sponsor materials; make, participate and/or follow up on requests for members and sponsor funding; and integrate ECC funded program deliverables into events and create lasting impact.
- Additional Roles: Attend industry events representing ECC, connect with industry partners for potential collaboration, act as an industry expert resource, provide information on existing AVF/EV financial incentives, and among other tasks create strategic plans.
Qualifications & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and at least one-year of professional experience preferred. Must have excellent written & verbal communication abilities, program management experience, and event planning skills. Basic research capability and strong computer software with website design skills preferred. Interest in the transportation energy and non-profit organizational practices is helpful
Salary:Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Christina Ficicchia at Christina@EmpireCleanCities.org.
Applications are being accepted